Date(s) - Sat, Apr 29, 2017 - Sun, Apr 30, 2017
Wycombe Leisure Centre
The 15 and over events in the 2017 South East Region Championships will take place at Wycombe Leisure Centre on 29th/30th April and 1st May.
- Programme of Events
- Qualifying Times (Revised 13th February 2017, including Short Course times)
- Championship Conditions (Please note changes highlighted in red)
Closing date for entries: 7th April 2017 20:00
All times must appear on ASA Rankings and be set at meets licensed at level 1, 2 or 3 since 1st June 2016.
- First leg relay splits are NOT eligible
- Times from Masters rankings are NOT eligible
Managing Poolside Overcrowding
We accept as many swimmers as possible for our championships. As a result we need to manage crowding on poolside as effectively as possible. If we fail to do this, it is likely that pool operators will impose limits on the number of people on the pool deck which will mean we cannpt accomodate as many swimmers.
Please not the following additions to the competition conditions:
- Access to poolside is restricted to swimmers competing in the session, coaches and team managers in possession of poolside passes, accredited officials and volunteers.</p>
- To comply with conditions of hire of the pools used for the competition, swimmers are not allowed to carry a bag larger than a small draw string bag onto poolside. This rule will be strictly enforced.
Base and Automatic Qualifying Times
Qualifying times are based on an analysis of last years entries (not swims at the competition).
The auto time is set at the 70% mark, and the base time at 110%. (Example: If the target is 36 swimmers, the auto time is set at the time of the 25th fastest entry last year and the base time at the time of the 40th fastest entry last year).
The target number of swimmers is the same as last year. This resulted in full sessions.
Some adjustments have been made to the auto times to ensure that times are progressive. As in previous years, there will be a condition that states that no swimmer will be accepted on a time slower than that of a younger swimmer who was rejected.
There are a some significant differences to last years times. For example, there were 84 entries for the age 14 100m backstroke last year .. the QTs were obviously not right.
Please notify Mike Lambert if you believe that any of these times are incorrect.
Dec 8th 2016: Two minor corrections (highlighted in red); Short course times added.
Target Number of Swims per Event
|Event||Target number of swims|