Dartford District Swimming Club
General Data Protection Regulations are a change to the Data Protection law, enforceable as of 25th May 2018 designed to give increased privacy rights to the individuals whose data is being collected by organisations. GDPR requires that all data shall be:
- a) Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- b) Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- c) Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- d) Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- e) Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- f) Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
Dartford District Swimming Club collects personal data from members (including Parents and Guardians of minors) using forms completed by you on the website or manually, telephone calls, correspondence such as emails, details of attendance at internal and external events. This information collected is used to email and make telephone contact with you to provide information regarding club activities and for use in the event of an emergency. We also need it to satisfy the following:
- Legitimate Interest – to send information on activities and events which have been arranged as part of membership.
- Contractual – to allow us to provide member services associated with the day to day running of the club and its activities such as requests for payments, admin charges, registers, and fees.
- Legal – to fulfil legal obligations for health and safety, insurance and child protection purposes. Who has access to your data:
The following people may see your data: Head Coach, Coaching Staff, Team Managers, Welfare Officer, Committee Members including Chair, Club Secretary, Treasurer, Opens Secretary, Membership Secretary, SwimMark Co-ordinator. Named performance data is available on the website and Club notice boards.
The data we collect
- Residential address and telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- Emergency contact details including next of kin
- Medical and health information
- Transactional financial details
- Notes and emails
- Performance, attendance and event data.
- Qualifications, certificates and relevant course attendance details
- Disclosure and Barring reports
Dartford District Swimming Club uses this data to:
- Meet legal obligations such as reporting and investigations under the ASA Wavepower Child safeguarding policy and procedures
- Collate internal records
- Advise you of club events, activities and galas via text, email and phone
- Process competition entries
- Process relevant memberships with ASA / Swim England
- Process performance data
- Process your membership with Swim England and meet their accreditation requirements.
- Contact you in response to an enquiry
- Contact you in case of an emergency
In connection with any request or enquiry you make, your information will be passed to the relevant club contact.
In connection with any membership application you make your information will be passed to Swim England using their ASA Online Membership system
Dartford District Swimming Club will not disclose any personal information we collect about you to a third party without your consent
If you do NOT CONSENT to your personal data being processed in line with the Dartford District Swimming Club GDPR Policy, your data will be deleted, in line with your Right to be Forgotten and you will be unable to be a member of Dartford District Swimming Club.
Dartford District Swimming Club will process personal data during the duration of your membership after which your data will be deleted. Dartford District Swimming Club will continue to store only the personal data needed to meet any legal or Swim England obligations and will continue to store individual’s performance data which form part of the Club’s competitive records.
In relation to the personal data that Dartford District Swimming Club hold, you have the following rights:
- The Right to be forgotten. You can ask for the data we hold about you to be deleted (under these circumstances and we will continue to store only the personal data needed to ensure the safeguarding of children, any legal obligations or to comply with Swim England requirements defending a legal claim, such as accident records)
- The Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that Dartford District Swimming Club hold about you.
- The Right of Rectification – you have a right to correct data that Dartford District Swimming Club hold about you which is incomplete or inaccurate.
- The Right to Restriction of Processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The Right of Portability – you have the right to have the data Dartford District Swimming Club hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- The Right to Object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing (direct marketing for example)
To access Personal data identification will be required. Requests should be made to Membership, Dartford District Swimming Club by emailing: email@example.com
Dartford District Swimming Club accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- A copy of your passport
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Current utility bill not older than three months (registered address)
- A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required.
If Dartford District Swimming Club is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
If you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Dartford District Swimming Club, you have the right to complain. Please put this in writing to Mr Robert Wise, Chairman, Dartford District Swimming Club, firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not get a response within 30 days, you have the right to complain to the ICO. ICO Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone 0303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/